Solid Waste & Recycling Rates for the Waterfront Business District (WBD)
Food Service, Dock-based, and businesses in a building in which there is not a suitable location either inside or behind the building for a roll-out trash container must use the Queen Street compactor. There are two exceptions: 1) food service and dock-based businesses contracting with a waste removal company as of July 1, 2017 for the use of a trash dumpster located on the same property as the food service or dock-based business, and 2) non-food or dock-based businesses producing very little waste who agree to both remove the waste themselves and not to place it into public trash receptacles intended for use by pedestrians. Failure to abide by solid waste regulations will result in improper use fees beginning at $150.
Monthly WBD Solid Waste Service Charges – Compactor located in the Queen Street parking lot
High Volume Generator $150
Medium Volume Generator $65
Low Volume Generator $20
Monthly WBD Solid Waste Rates – Rollouts
Solid Waste Roll-Out Cart – $23
- Service provided by Waste Industries & billed by the Town
- 96-gallon carts
- Rollouts are not to be placed curbside before 6 p.m. the day before collection and must be curbside by 6 a.m. the day of collection, or for those buildings accessible from the rear, roll-outs should remain located behind buildings
- Weekly pickups are Monday mornings
Monthly WBD Recycling Rates
- Cardboard Recycling Only (Town Containers) – $10
- Roll out carts are 96-gallon containers
- Roll out service provided by Waste Industries & billed by the Town
- Recycling weekly pickups are on Thursday morning
- Bi-weekly pickups are Monday & Thursday mornings
- Rollouts are not to be placed curbside before 5 p.m. the day before collection and must be curbside by 6 a.m. the day of collection
- The town is providing cardboard recycling to all WBD businesses who subscribe to a Town billed solid waste or recycling service.
- Businesses not subscribing to town billed solid waste or recycling service may subscribe to cardboard recycling service only at a rate of $10 per month.
- Cardboard recycling containers are located in the Queen Street and Craven Street parking lots.
- Cardboard boxes must be broken down and placed inside the cardboard dumpster
- No cardboard may be left next to the dumpster
- Use of cardboard recycling containers by non-subscribers is prohibited
- Recycling Roll-Out – Weekly - $16
- Additional Container –Weekly - $14
- Recycling Roll-Out –Bi-weekly - $33.35
- Additional Container – Bi-weekly - $31.35
Below find links to application and paperwork for enrolling in the WBD solid waste/recycle programs: