The Town of Beaufort Board of Commissioners held its regularly scheduled meeting at 6 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2017, in the Train Depot, 614 Broad St., Beaufort, NC.
Carteret County League Of Women Voters President Carol Geer spoke about Women’s History Month and the role LWV plays in the county. Mayor Stanley presented her with a resolution that declaring March Women's History Month.
Added to the agenda was Closed Session § 143-318.11 (a)(3) Attorney/Client Privilege.
Items of Consent approved were the following:
- Resolution Amending § 71.08 Metered Parking Of The Town Code Of Ordinances
- Resolution Directing the Town Clerk to Investigate a Petition for Annexation Under G. S. 160A-31 (Chadwick Road)
- Special Event Applications for Beaufort National Boatbuilding Challenge And Barta Boys And Girls Club Billfish Tournament
- Appropriation of $52,420 for the spring dredging of Bulkhead Channel and FY17 Budget Amendment No. 9
- Feb. 13, 2017, regular meeting, Reconvened Feb. 13, 2017, regular meeting, and Feb. 27, 2017, regular work session minutes
- Gift of two tracts of land from NC State Ports Authority
- Resolution Supporting Seasonally-Adjusted Population Estimates for Purposes of Distributing State Revenues
- Request For Qualifications for the Professional Services For Asset Inventory Assessment Project Public Water System
A public hearing to review the update of the Town’s Coastal Area Management Act (CAMA) Land Use Plan was held. The update was approved.
The Board opted to accept a minimum funding level of 75 percent when resubmitting a grant request for $1.6 million to NC DEQ, Water Infrastructure.
The Board tabled the request of the Beaufort Music Festival to waive ABC laws and close a section of Turner Street 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. May 20, 2017. They will resume discussion at the reconvened meeting 4 p.m. March 27. This is to give organizers time to speak to the business owners on Turner Street.
The Preliminary Plat for Beau Coast Phase II was approved as well as a resolution amending Chapter 116 of the Town Code of Ordinances. This resolution amending Chapter 116 prohibits horse-drawn carriages in the Town of Beaufort.