The Beaufort Public Works Department strives to create a clean, hospitable and livable environment for residents and visitors alike.
The department does this by ensuring streets, sidewalks and public areas are well maintained and preserved to enhance and improve public safety and perception of Beaufort.
The Public Works Department is responsible for many duties, including:
• Routine trash, recycling, yard debris and bulk item pickup and disposal for residents and businesses
• Preventative and recurring maintenance of streets and sidewalks
• Sign maintenance and placement
• Routine and project landscaping operations
• Preventative and recurring maintenance of the Town’s motor and equipment pool
• Preventative and recurring maintenance facilities and grounds
• Periodic cleaning and trimming of drainages and urban tree canopy
Fees are associated with many of these services. The FY16 fee schedule for Water, Sewer & Solid Waste Collection is available here.
Message from the Director
Public Works Director