Public Works Director
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
INFORMAL BID REQUEST – SUMMARY
TO: All interested Contractors
FROM: Mark Eakes, Public Works Director
PROJECT NAME: Ricks Avenue Storm Drain
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Furnish all material and adequate labor to safely and efficiently complete the removal and replacement of the two (2) – 36-inch storm drain lines on Ricks Avenue
Work Summary is the following:
- Traffic control
- Demo roadway and remove the two (2) 36-inch metal storm drain pipes under the road and the block head wall.
- Replace the two (2) 40-foot sections of pipe (price HDPE and RCP (gasket)) with adequate backfill and bedding material to prevent from settling over time.
- New head walls to be installed and pipe grouted to headwall on both sides.
- Road to be paved back with minimum 2.5 inches of asphalt over a 98-percent compacted 8-inch abc base course.
- Project is to be graded back to sufficient condition not to prevent erosion this includes but is not limited to seeding, juke matting, silt fencing, etc.
- Hand rails that will be removed will have to be replaced also.
- Contractor is responsible for any and all permits, utility locates and or other needed services. When works starts the work will be required to work continuously (daily) until work is completed.
Bid Openings: All bids must be submitted to me no later than Thursday, March 22, 2017, at 5 pm. Will open March 23, 2017, at 9 a.m. and notify successful bidder. Successful bidders should be available to start by Monday March 27, 2017.