Duke Energy and MasTec will begin replacing the decorative streetlights on Front Street beginning May 24.
UPDATED SCHEDULE as of June 13:
- June 13-15 from BB&T moving west in front of businesses north side
- June 16-17 move back to west end north side and completing
- June 20-22 from Queen Anne's Revenge south side moving to west into parking lot
- June 23-24 continuing in eastern parking lot and boardwalk
- June 27 29 continuing on north side of business district moving west
- June 30-31 John Newton Park and west parking lot
The anticipated schedule as of May 24 is the following:
- May 24-25: Front Street between Pollock and Queen streets, south side
- May 27-28: Front Street between Pollock and Queen streets north side
- May 31-June 1: Front Street from the intersection of Turner Street to the west, south side
- June 2-3: Front Street from the intersection of Turner Street to the west, north side
- June 6-7: Front Street between the intersection of Queen and Turner streets, north side
- June 8-9: Front Street between the intersection of Queen and Turner streets, south side, including those closest to the Boardwalk and including the parking lots
About 10-15 parking spots on Front Street will be needed by Duke Energy/MasTec near the streetlights they will be replacing.
The streetlights, which are near exact replicas of historic Beaufort streetlights, are outfitted with receptacles. Duke Energy is installing the streetlights at no cost to the Town. For more background information on the project, follow this link.