Resolution to Permanently Close a Portion of Pine Street in the area of Randolph Johnson Park
RESOLUTION DECLARING THE INTENT TO CONSIDER THE CLOSING OF A PORTION OF PINE STREET
WHEREAS, plans for expanding the existing Randolph Johnson Park require a closure of Pine Street in the area between the existing park and the existing Public Works yard; and
WHEREAS, North Carolina General Statue 160A-299 authorizes the Town of Beaufort Board of
Commissioners to close public streets and alleys; and
WHEREAS, G.S. 160A-299 requires the Board of Commissioners to conduct a public hearing prior to the closing of any street or alley for the purpose of giving consideration to the matters required to be considered in such hearing by said Statute;
NOW, THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED by the Town of Beaufort Board of Commissioners that:
1. The Board intends to consider permanently closing a portion of Pine Street under the provisions of G.S. 160A-299. The portion under consideration is from the corner of Carteret Avenue and Pine Street westward to the corner of the former Arrington Road and the existing gravel parking lot for Randolph Johnson Park.
2. A public hearing will be at 6 p.m. on the 11th day of June, 2018 in the Beaufort Train Depot, 610 Broad Street, Beaufort, North Carolina, to consider a resolution closing the portion of Pine Street from the corner of Carteret Avenue and Pine Street westward to Pine Street at the former Arrington Road.
3. The Town Clerk is hereby directed to publish this Resolution of Intent once a week for four successive weeks in the Carteret County News-Times.
4. The Town Clerk is further directed to transmit by registered or certified mail to each owner of property abutting upon that portion of said street a copy of this Resolution of Intent.
5. The Town Clerk is further directed to cause adequate notices of this Resolution of Intent and the scheduled public hearing to be posted as required by G.S. 160A-299.
Adopted this 9th day of April, 2018.
Mayor Everett Newton
Michele Davis, Town Clerk
Publish the Weeks of: April 16, April 23, April 30 and May 7, 2018