Small Vessel Storage Procedures & Application Now Available
2018 Town Owned Non-Motorized Small Vessel Storage Permit Rules & Procedures
The Town of Beaufort will have a lottery for small vessel storage permits on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 1 p.m.. The lottery will be at the Beaufort Train Depot. All applications must be received by 5 p.m. March 6, 2018 in order to be entered into the lottery.
Spaces will be assigned in order of the lottery. You do not need to be present. Town Staff will assign a space as close to your listed preference as is available that meets the needs of your vessel. There are 3 dinghy, 4 canoe and 37 kayak spaces at Fisherman’s Park. There are 12 kayak spaces at Grayden Paul Park.
Payment and valid proof of residency must be received by the Town of Beaufort within 10 business days of the lottery in order for your space to continue to be reserved. After a period of 10 days, all spaces that have not been paid in full and/or residency verified will be assigned to those names on the waiting list as selected during the lottery.
All payments are non-transferable and non-refundable. The 2018 fee is $25.
Town Staff will be at the Train Depot to accept payments in the form of cash and check during the lottery on March 8.
Each space will be assigned an identification decal that must be attached to the stored vessel at all times that it is being stored. The decal will identify the assigned spot and help Town staff identify the owner should we need to make contact.
Please fill out and return your completed Small Vessel Application 2018 by 5 p.m. Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Rachel Johnson, Parks & Events Coordinator/PIO, at email@example.com or (252) 728-2141.
- Permits are issued annually
- Full-time & Part-time town residents are eligible for a permit. A town water bill, utility bill or tax bill must be presented at the time of permitting as evidence of residency.
- Only non-motorized, self-propelled vessels are eligible for permits. No vessel of any type may be longer than 12 feet with the exception of canoes which must be 14 feet and under. Vessels not meeting these regulations will be removed and the spot forfeited.
- A maximum of 2 permits will be issued annually per household. An application must be submitted for each permit. Applications will be entered into the lottery separately.
- Only one spot per application/person.
- No boats used for commercial purposes will be permitted.
- Renters must provide their own locks.
- All boats must be removed when a hurricane warning is issued by the National Weather Service.
- Only the permitted vessel is allowed to be stored.
- No items may be stored underneath the rack.